We’re All About Trout……..And Beer!
From stream to table, the best of trout fishing (and Eating!) is in the mountains of Western North Carolina’s Trout Capital. Trout is ALWAYS on the menu in Jackson County! Original recipes, hearty portions, and reasonable prices are all synonymous with dining in Jackson County’s innovative restaurants. Local chefs are mixing culinary influences with food native to the area and people are noticing. Jackson County’s restaurants have been written up in Southern Living, Our State Magazine and the Atlanta Journal– Constitution. Enjoy one-of-a-kind tasty trout culinary delights at the following Jackson County locations:
- The Historic Jarrett House – Enjoy traditional fried, buttermilk hand-dipped trout and southern hospitality, served family style with all the side dishes.
- The Historic Balsam Mountain Inn – Exceptional menu items include the famous Sunburst Farms smoked trout dip, served with crackers, seasonal fruits and vegetables, and, as entrees, simple char-grilled trout filets topped with lemon dill butter, along with a trout amandine, sautéed in garlic, butter and almonds.
- Guadalupe Cafe – Customer favorites include pan seared sunburst trout filet ” tacos” with a soft flour tortilla, lime salsa or seasonal special salsas such as peach. You can also find trout cakes for brunch on the weekends.
- Bogarts Restaurant – enjoy a hearty 8 oz. portion of trout that is grilled with a lemon pepper seasoning and served with delicious side items and choice of a homemade soup or fresh salad.
- Mad Batter – daily trout specials, including grilled trout with fresh greens and veggies.
- Creekside Oyster House – Serving fresh trout from nearby Sunburst Trout Farm, customers can chose the way they would like the trout prepared ( grilled, blackened, or hand breaded and fried) with 2 sides. Also on the menu, a trout entree that is served with corn and roasted poblano peppers, sautéed kale & carrots and a bacon almondine sauce.
- High Hampton – Favorites such as High Hampton fried local rainbow trout, is accompanied by locally grown vegetables and produce, and homemade breads that showcase mountain dining at its finest.
The craft beer industry is alive and well in Jackson County! You will find locally brewed beer from three micro-breweries in Sylva offering award winning, handcrafted beer.